Exercise is great for you. It has been proven time and time again. Exercise releases endorphins which make you happier, get your blood moving, helps to burn excess fat, and can help you fight illnesses, and even live longer.
But what are some benefits of specific workouts? Pull-ups have several great benefits that can positively influence your health and the fitness of your body. Let’s explore why and how pull-ups can help boost your health!
- Strengthens Muscles in Your Back – Pull-ups are a perfect workout for those trying to strengthen or define the muscles in their backs. The form and action of the pull-up engage four main muscles in the back: the Latissimus Dorsi, the Trapezius, the Thoracic Erector Spinae, and the Infraspinatus. When strengthened by performing pull-ups, these muscles can help improve posture, decrease back pain, and promote circulation in the back.
- Strengthens Arms and Shoulders – Pull-ups can help define arm and shoulder muscles as well as the back muscles. The form of a pull-up forces your shoulders to engage to lift your weight up, which over time, will build up muscle. To start to grow these muscles before doing full pull-ups if you cannot do full ones, hang from a pull-up bar, or do assisted pull-ups with a band or spotter to help you. These actions will help strengthen the muscles so you will be able to do full pull-ups.
- Improving Body Fitness – Although pull-ups mainly engage the back, arm, and shoulder muscles, the whole body is put to work. Your core muscles have to work to lift you as well, and some do pull-ups with their legs straight out for an added challenge.
- In general, activities like pull-ups help increase blood flow, bring oxygen to more parts of the body, and increase happiness. So pull-ups are a great way to get some more fitness into your life.
- Improves Mental Health – As stated before, exercising can have positive effects on your brain and emotions! Exercise is a fantastic stress release, and with it also comes the endorphins. Endorphins neurotransmitters that are released, and they are what make you happy, like serotonin and dopamine. Endorphins get released during exercise, making it a great way to get some extra joy in your life. Pull-ups are a workout you can do in your own home, so next time when you are feeling a little bit blue, try doing some physical activities or grab your pull-up bar and get those endorphins flowing. Pull-ups, like other exercises, can improve cognitive function, reduce depression, fatigue, and anxiety, as well as promote self-esteem and confidence!
- Improve and Strengthen Grip – Seeing as it is your hands that are holding the bar, it only makes sense for your hand to grow in strength. Your grip can get stronger after consistently doing pull-ups for a considerable amount of time. Strengthening your grip via pull-ups is a great way for weightlifters, golfers, rock climbers, and bowlers to improve their performance in their sport by a single simple exercise.
Pull-ups, unlike other at-home workouts, do require some equipment. You can’t really do a pull-up on anything laying around your house, so it definitely pays to purchase a pull-up bar for a quick place to workout in your home. Pull-up bars can come in different ways; some can be put in door frames, while some can be attached to a wall.
Depending on the layout, size, and spaciousness of your home, one might be better for your life than the other. Check out your spaces to see where you could install a pull-up bar, and then check them out. Here are two types of pull-up bars.
Sportstech 4 in 1 Pull-Up Bar
This pull-up bar is more than just a pull-up bar. It is a 4 in 1 multi-bar! It attaches to the wall for ease of use, and is perfect for those building an at-home gym! It is just as great for those who are not building a gym but having a multi-useful machine in your home gym cuts out a lot of other installations.
This bar can be used for pull-ups, but also can hold a boxing or punching bag, and can be used for power ropes. It also works with TRX slings and straps. This bar boats 3 grip positions, narrow, wide, and parallel, so you can get at your workout from every angle, and maximize your power output on your muscles! The grips have soft coverings made from breathable material that is slip-resistant so you won’t be sliding off the bar.
The grips are padded for comfort as well! This pull-up bar is so much more than just a pull-up bar, it is one of the best pull-up bars for your wall!
Magnoos Matador Doorway Pull-Up Bar
If wall installation is not right for your home, and you would prefer something that can be removed for holidays, parties, or when company comes, then a doorway pull-up bar is probably the best choice for you.
This bar involves no screws or drilling and has no crazy installation. It just pops right into your doorway for easy, quick, and convenient access at any time of the day. It comes ready to use!
The bar is super easy to put up and take down, so if you have limited space, this is a quick way to fit in your pull-ups without taking up valuable space. This bar has maximum stability, with clever engineering to prevent the bar from slipping, wobbling, or sliding while you do your pull-ups. It also has a secure, comfortable grip with padded foam handholds.
The bar is wider and taller than most bars, so you do not have to pull your legs in while doing your pull-ups, giving you an optimal range of motion. The best part is that this bar comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee! If you do not think it is the best door frame pull-up bar, send it back within 60 days for a full refund.